Wednesday, March 7, 2007

the great sxsw post!


This file literally raped my hardrive and took about ten days filled with scattered hours on my computer to download, but it finally finished, and I think that I have given an all-around quality listen to the tracks I think are worth it. I didn't know what to think going into the jouney that is known as "listening to all 739 sample mp3s from the SXSW showcasing artists," or what I was looking for/expecting from last year. With such amazing discoveries, such as Loney, Dear, Dirty on Purpose, Dappled Cities Fly, The Southland, Band of Horses, The Annuals, Maritime, The Modern Skirts (Seriously the list goes on and on and on and on), I guess I was having high hopes. And I definitley cannot say as of now if these songs will effect me the more I listen to them because I have no where near the understanding and experience I have with the batch from last year. But here are some of the songs I thought really stood out, and I'm hoping some of these artists can do some hardcore rocking and move up the mainstream. Always with love...BK



mp3: Kate Walsh- Your Song
I was seriously blown away by this song, Kate's cute vocals and strumming just make this listen so irresistable, and yeah it's slowly climbing up on playcount because it's that addictive.

mp3: Hot Club de Paris- Sometimesitsbetternottostickbitsofeachotherineachotherforeachother
Didn't know what was going on with the title of this but these guys really can rock out. They have a great sound and a new album you can get here, definitley a *recommended* listen.

mp3: The Forms- Stravinsky
Love this song. In the beginning they give you a tint of Modest Mouse and Havergal, but eventually they bust into their own style. It sucks the song's only like 1:52. Well those are my top 3 songs from the file as of NOW. But here are some others that were definitley up there.

mp3: Ox- Miss Idaho
mp3: The Wombats
mp3: Raising the Fawn- Gwendolyn
mp3: Dan Mangan- Journal of a Narcoleptic
mp3: Paul Duncan- Red Eagle
mp3: AA Sound System- Laissez Faire
mp3: Findlay Brown- Come Home
mp3: Death Ships- Story Never Gets Old
mp3: Skye- Love Show
mp3: The Carribean- The Go From Tactical
mp3: Electrico- Love in the New Wave
mp3: Thomas Dybdahl- A Lovestory

No comments: