Friday, March 30, 2007

Cassadaga Nights: The Ballads of Conor Oberst

O boy! For some reason it has been a sad week. I mean I know why it has been sad for me, but you don't. It has been a sad week and we'll just leave it at that. I'll find something personal to put here. But there is some sort of happiness that always shows up late to the party in a stage of not-feeling-so-hot about things, and that happiness is Bright Eyes' new release: Cassadaga. Oh yeah and by the way there is so much info on this thing, courtesy of that titan site that rhymes with mikipedia.



So upon first listens, this album seems captivating. I mean it. I'm seriously losing it for this year in music, it keeps getting better and better, extravagant album after extravagant album. For Cassadaga, Oberst approaches and becomes so much closer to one of his influences, the big Bob (Dylan). Oberst flows so smoothly in the folk sound, mashing harmonicas and pedal steel, taking a dip back to his electronic roots found on Digital Ash in a Digital Urn. Everything really sounds so complete and beautiful on this album. I'm quite speechless and I'm not even into it that much yet. I think that's strange. Because usually it takes me a while to get into it, basically im very excited to see what happens, what evolves between me and Cassadaga or the rocks beneath the water. I want to post almost every song, because there is simply so much depth to each that I haven't covered yet, and I don't want to leave one out that in time soon I will decipher for relevance on my own point of view and opinion and perspective. But I will, so believe me this is just me trying to show you the variety and wonderful perplextion this album brings through some songs that differ but show the potential of this album as a whole. Always with love...BK

mp3: Bright Eyes- Hot Knives
mp3: Bright Eyes- Classic Cars (p.s. love the hook at the point of the song when the lyrics go like "The best classic singers die in the back of classic cars," or "she said I kissed her different, that all the men her age were mean,")
mp3: Bright Eyes- Lime Tree

No comments: