Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Le Printemps De Bourges/ The Forms


Le Printemps de Bourges is a music festival held in France, celbrating it's 31st anniversary, and it is loaded with some talent. Some of the lineup includes bands such as Peter, Bjorn, and John, Feist, Lady Sov, Akron/Family, The Rakes, Joanna Newsom, Loney, Dear, Benjy Ferree, Cold War Kids, Maximo Park, Bloc Party, and my personal favorite, Phoenix. Ha, so yeah, that's pretty attractive if you ask me, and I wish I lived in/near France (kind of) at a time like this. The venues seem stellar and it sounds like a rocking good time, if you have the oppurtunity, I definitley reccomend checking this little diddy out.

mp3: Phoenix- Long Distance Call (25 Hours a Day Remix)
mp3: Akron/Family- No Space In This Realm
mp3: Bloc Party- Song for Clay (Dissapear Here)
mp3: Feist- The Park






This band is called The Forms, a find on the 2007 SXSW Showcasing Artists, and I literally owe my life to those files. These guys hail from Brooklyn like many great alternative bands these days, and have something really special to their sound, something I still can't completely put my finger on. They come out each song immediatley getting to the point of catching your attention. Their guitar riffs are like none I have ever head, and the vocals sound like echoes...in a good way. They have finished a new album but have not put anything out about it except for one song titled "Alpha" on their MySpace, and by the sound of that one song, it should be as good as their 2003 release Icarus. I'm saying it right now, this band has and enormous ammount of potential and should definitley be watched because you'll be really upset if you miss the wave. Always with Love...BK

mp3: The Forms- Sunday from 2003's Icarus
mp3: The Forms- Blackmetal from 2003's Icarus

No comments: